A new commandment I (Jesus Christ) give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
Most of us have been watching all of the political and societal woes in our country as of late that has caused even believers to disagree with one another. We see the same picture but view it from a lens of our own experiences, beliefs and morality. We are all challenged, what we experience is real, our feelings are real and tensions are real. But what would Jesus do? What would Jesus say? How are we to respond?
As believers we’re to be salt and light in the earth by living out Jesus commandment to love one another. We are to be kind, forgive, encourage, live in peace and extend grace to one another. All well said, but not at times easy for some. The scriptures below represent a small reminder of how we’re to treat one another.
- Be at peace with one another (Mark 9:50)
- Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. (Romans 12:10)
- Live in Harmony with one another (Romans 12:16)
- Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you. (Romans 15:7)
- Serve one another in love. (Galatians 5:13)
- Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. (Ephesians 4:32)
- Encourage one another (Hebrews 10:25)
We have been chosen by God with a purpose to be His hands extended and to show love to those who are unloved. Jesus is the light of the world and we are carriers and couriers of His grace, truth and love.
Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds (Hebrews 10:24)
Have a blessed week.